Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Truth comes out a little at a time...

          Hello Readers, once again.  Today I'm going to talk about a subject that comes up very often for me.  That wonderful thing to you, horrible thing to me, called love.  Many of you reading this are fully aware I do not believe in love.  I simply think its an emotion made up in the mind, followed out by society's control of dragging it out.  Yes, I'm only seventeen, and my opinions are bound to change at some moment in my life.  But, I honestly don't see this one changing.  Two words that I feel have no meaning behind them are 'forever' and 'love'.
          Now, don't get me wrong. I do believe two people can be happy together. I have been in two serious relationships, and one or two week-long relationships.  I am not a girl who likes to be in a relationship, or let alone recommends them. I believe getting in a relationship, being a non-believer in love, is basically setting one's self up for failure.  I've felt that happiness when you see a guy.  The moment you first kiss where you feel like you two have been lifted off your feet.  The way your throat feels fuzzy when he strokes your neck. I've felt those emotions, but it wasn't love my folks...It was a moment of happiness that I let someone else bring me.  Those days are gone, but the one's where I make myself happier, seem to be a much different happiness.  
          To know that you can bring a smile upon yourself, make yourself feel beautiful, and live each day without the emotional baggage of another person...is beyond enthralling. Society has forced the eloping of man and woman so far, that it must happen in order to be normal.  Well you know what Readers, I'm tired of feeling like I'm an outcast because I don't believe in love or think I'll ever get married. Not because I don't see myself in that white dress, or having beautiful children...but because I want to prove it to the world I can be just as happy being an independent woman.  
          You ask me, do I miss the feeling of a guy caring for me?  To be honest, yes at times. Shockingly though, I find myself missing my happiness as an individual when I'm in a relationship, much more.  Keep in mind, I am not asking anyone to feel the way I feel or do as I do.  Lord knows, it takes a lot of mental strength to get where I am at now.  The purpose of this is to get readers to grasp an understanding on my views. A little exercise for those who try hard to be wanted by the opposite sex, stop trying! Because, if and I stress IF...you believe in love, you'd know that kind of happiness should not be a scavenger hunt.

                                        Yours truly,
                                      Amanda Rae 

PS:  Please, readers, if you have any questions or disagreements about my views...feel free to post them.  I'm acceptive of negative or positive feedback.

4 comments:

  1. Well my Dear Amanda I'd have to say I agree with you AND disagree with you. I have long said that there is not "love", but merely tolerance. What behaviors or mentality can you tolerate from another person? We have to understand that our potential partner has been raised differently, had different life experiences; and have been in different social circles than us. All of these things are what make and "form" an individual's views and behaviors. You are VERY right in that you have GOT to be strong, independent, and happy with yourself before you can ever attempt to "love" another. Possessing these things in yourself makes you more tolerate to change and "form" along with your partner as you both pick up on each others views and learn new ones together. It takes two people who are happy with themselves and their goals in life in order for them to be with each other "forever" (Such as in marriage). Two people who keep their relationship, family, and goals as a priority. This friendship and like-mindness, coupled with that chemistry, is what all of these people who have been happily together for years call "love". You beat to your own drum and you follow your own dreams. If you meet a best friend along the way who truly is what they represent themself to be; who keeps you laughing; is good to others; and shares your dreams- then, my friend, you have found love whether you like it or not. Always keep in mind that your feelings stem from YOUR life experiences- never short YOURSELF in great experiences because of others shortcomings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Aunt Vanessa!
    I must say you have a way with words. Though, I still refuse to believe in love. It's not necessarily that I don't want to be in love and be happy with a man...I simply can't allow my body to care enough for someone.
    I'm far more happy when I am alone, rather than having to worry about another's mentality and emotions. It seems to be a much easy and steady life when I only have to worry about my own beliefs, motives, and emotions.

    I just love the feeling of being independent and not having a man around. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I love your writing very much. (: but I think the world was made to have some women be independent, my mom should have been. You actually remind me alot of my mom, mowing the long haha, not crying unless its super serious and just plain out loves me (: hahaha.
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was supposed to be lawn.

    ReplyDelete