Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Women Vs. Men,

         Alright Readers, get ready for this one... Today I decided to do a man versus woman experiment.  My goal was to see the first negative thing that came to mind when one thought about the other sex.  I gathered fifty responses today from both males and females. Followed by my feedback will be each and every response I was given. Now, for those who gave me feedback, I must say thank you.  I also must say, there is no true explanation on how the human mind works in certain sexes....we are all individuals working with a mind of our own.  If you disagree, you agree.  Just think about it.
         As I asked my simple question, "What bothers you about the other sex?", I got a lot of answers followed with some sort of story.  Well you see, you aren't really thinking about all of men or women, you are relating it to one person.  So can one person really affect how we view the entire opposite sex?  Take a moment to think about that... You may know one man or woman who has asked too many questions, taken everything too seriously, or simply was just a jaded person.  At the same time, we all know one man or woman who doesn't fit that category.
         This project was simply a stereotypical experiment.  To the three people who responded with, "Not all men/women are, but...",  I give my kudos to you.  You just beat the challenge.  You see, saying all men are immature and all women are whinny is incorrect.  I know we have all met a guy that just simply cries over the smallest things and a girl who makes a small situation into something bigger by just being childish.  My point of this questioning was to see how many stereotypical people there really were. Well, there are a lot. Three out of fifty people made it known that they did not feel this way about all of men or women.  Everyone else just gave me an answer and was completely satisfied by it.  They may or may not feel that way about the entire opposite sex, but they didn't seem to make any efforts to show anything differently.
         My point to you, my readers, is next time you are asked a question about a certain group of people...why relate it to one person? You don't believe you are like the rest of women or men, do you?  Then don't relate someone else that way.  We all go through our own life experiences that makes up view life and act upon things differently.  This is not because we are male or female, this is just the way our mind as an individual has grown to work.  Let's make a difference readers. 
                                        Yours truly,
                                       Amanda Rae

PS. Here are the responses I was given. The mens' responses will be in pink and the females' responses will be in blue.
  1. "They can pee standing up"
  2. "Boys can flirt and do things that girls can not do without being called a whore"
  3. "Jealously"
  4. "Genetics of how their minds work. Completely different from females. 
  5. "How men just fart and burp in public"
  6. "How complicated they are"
  7. "How they never know what they want"
  8. "They only want one thing, sex!"
  9. "Hair"
  10. "Girls whine a lot"
  11. "They are just upfront about publicly burping, scratching, farting, or announcing they must take a s***"
  12. "girls care too much about what boys say" 
  13. "Girls always win arguments" 
  14. "They don't care about the little things"
  15. "Guys are too controlling"
  16. "mood swings"
  17. "Most women are stupid"
  18. "They are controlling. Females just have a desire for control"
  19. "They show off in front of other boys"
  20. "Men judge on physical appearance"
  21. "Horny little bastards"
  22. "Girls can never be clear about what they want"
  23. "girls ask too many irritating questions"
  24. "they are needy in the sense, they need a man to feel complete"
  25. "Guys are tough physically and emotionally and don't get hurt like females"
  26. "They don't do things unless ask.  Men tend to work the long way to get things done"
  27. "stubborn and dominant"
  28. "Men are controlling"
  29. "Guys are self absorbed and think they are entitled to things."  
  30. "Men ask questions without taking emotions into consideration"
  31. "Females take forever to shop and are picky about things that don't matter."
  32. "drama"
  33. "Easily distracted"
  34. "Fall in love too quickly"
  35. "Men don't have to go through what we go through. They are just B****es"
  36. "Girls tease guys too much"
  37. "Childish"
  38. "Attitude"
  39. "drama"...again
  40. "Females never know what they want"
  41. "They want things to go their way"
  42. "Men always want sex"
  43. "Needy. They always want something"
  44. "Talk too much"
  45. "Attitude"
  46. "Men are liars, for unnecessary things"
  47. "They are immature"
  48. "Men have a hard time being able to openly communicate"
  49. "Ask too many questions"
  And my response;
   50. The one negative thing that comes to mind when I think about men is...the society that makes up this world has made it almost impossible to feel normal and being accepted without being with one of y'all.

8 comments:

  1. Amanda rae this was a really good article and makes A LOT of sense. This society really does need to have an outlook of the opposite sex like this caz so many people think negative of others caz what they've been through and I know im guilty of it. So ill be proud to say ill stop hating girls because they're not all the same. Im frie s with you aren't I? Hah so thanks for putting it in perspective :) -----> Rachhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda this article thing you do is amazing just like you (: but it really made me think about what you really said. And hehe I'm number 5 but it wasn't jut one person it was a couple of guys but it was exactly what you said I was being stereotypical. Love you cant wait to see you again (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather, I can't wait to see you again either.
    and Zach I'm guessing? Thank you.

    Anyone else who comments, please write your name at the bottom. I'd like to know who is writing these comments. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope when you said zach, you weren't referring to me considering im the only one who put my name at the bottom, tard. Its RACHEL. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, haha!
    Well I know a Zach here that is dating a Rachel, and he always tends to do a signature thing that has her name. I thought it just got cut off. lol

    But you confused me with talking about not hating all girls. haha.
    But thank YOU Rachel! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, We follow each other on twitter. I agree that we are all individuals and our having varied opinions is nothing to do with our gender. What's more, the only thing consistent about those opinions is that they change almost daily. Still, those 50 responses were fun. Regards, Khoty (KMthr)

    ReplyDelete