Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crash!

          You wake up.  It's nine thirty but you were supposed to get up at seven. Your alarm clock is blinking because the power went out in the middle of the night.  You still have to get dressed, grab something to eat, and rush to work.  You keep trying to call your boss to tell them you are on the way, but you keep losing signal.  So as you are driving in a hurry down the road, everybody on the road seems to be driving under the speed limit, traffic is horrible, and you still can't get any service.  The world seems to be shitting on you basically.  Well that intense, horrible morning will get better!  You may get fired, lose a raise... the possibilities are endless... BUT life always gets better. In order for life to have a better outcome, you must make that outcome happen.  You can not sit back and let life fix itself, you have to take action.
          Readers, I'm going to let you in on some information in my life... I'm only seventeen but just as most people these days, I've had my tussles with many tragedies. I honestly have never had a good role model. Every thing in life I learned, I had to learn through an experience.  Whether it be drugs, sex, or violence. But throughout being a lousy child, I grew up and became a wonderful person.  Life is all about taking a horrible thing and making a better outcome.  You can never "give up" on the effort for a better life... because you can always, ALWAYS, achieve the greater. 
          I refuse to identify people, but I have a close person in my life who is drinking their life away. This person is the one who inspired me to continue my life with art and never give up on my talent.  I've tried numerous efforts to keep this person away from the drinking and keep to the things in life that make one happy.  Well every effort has failed and this person refuses to think of anyone except for themselves... So I informed this alcoholic that I will not watch them drink their life away and stepped away from this issue...no longer giving any effort to influence them to quit .  Am I wrong? Maybe.  But alcoholics know nothing other than the mood enhancer they drink out of a can or bottle every day.  The family, the friends, the pure amazement of having a life seems to vanish right before them, without even noticing.  A drunk drinks that reality away and never has to live with the pain like the sober ones around them.  My advice to you, don't drink to the point to where you become addicted.  An alcoholic is a failure, no matter what view point you are looking at it from.  They can achieve the sober life, with a tremendous effort... but it can be done.  
          Readers, simply think about life.  Life is so precious... whether you are living for yourself or living for a beautiful family.  The thought of taking each breath, walking with one foot in front of the other, being able to touch and feel, everything in life is amazing... don't ever take it for granted or do anything in life to fade that precious experience we are given.
                                        Just some insight from yours truly,
                                                     Amanda Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment