Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not Flaws According to me

            Alright, I am pissed. I'm just going to be honest.  
          Today I was trying on jeans.  Due to my poor eating habits and lack of exercising lately, I've gotten a little "thick".  So, all of the jeans didn't fit. Though, this isn't what I was upset about because I know I can lose weight once I start working out again.  I must say, it got me thinking though...We all have flaws, correct?  Perfection isn't an option, because perfection is an image in one's mind that can alter depending on the view point.  Well Readers, I got thinking.  What exactly is a flaw?  I simply wanted a clear definition from another source that explained to me what a flaw is...So where did I turn?  Dictionary.com of course! WELL....according to dictionary.com a flaw is "a feature that mars the perfection of something; defect". I couldn't possibly disagree with them more than I do.  
          I'm going to list my biggest flaws for all my readers to see right now, because to me a flaw is something that adds character and should not be frowned upon!
  • Acne
  • Big thighs
  • Braces
  • Yellow teeth from smoking
  • Love handles that create a huge muffin top
  • I have a birth mark on my left forearm that is really aggravating
  • Frizzy, fried hair
  • Long, finger toes
  • Big feet. Size 9 1/2 to be exact.
  • Big forehead...perfect for all that acne.
          My point of listing these is to not ask for you to disagree with my flaws and for you to call me beautiful, but to show those reading, that I am not uncomfortable with my flaws. I am fully aware that they are there; and not just visible to me but to every one who looks at me.  So trying to hide them and act like they aren't there, is as affective as talking to the wall.  I try to express my flaws as not a bad thing, but something that adds to the person I am.  Along with flaws, comes great qualities. Because Readers, I've got some great physical attributes as well...
  • Big, bright, blue eyes
  • Big soft lips
  • Long Legs
  • Long pretty nails
  • Nice rear end
          We as human beings are complex individuals.  One can not expect perfection with out receiving disappointment.  I'm tired of people looking at flaws as defects.  Let's take those flaws and make them into beauty!
          To those actually reading this, I've got a little test for you.  Post a comment, you can post it anonymous.  I want this comment to be one of your major flaws.  Most people feel more comfortable knowing someone else has a problem similar to theirs, so if we can get more people to announce their flaws, maybe more people will be less insecure about how they look.

                                          Yours truly,
                                        Amanda Rae

6 comments:

  1. I have thick thighs, short legs and crooked teeth. But it's all part of me and I kind of like me!! Thanks Boo for a great blog and helping people see many different points of views!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek! My flaws?!? YOU may be comfortable with them, and I can certainly appreciate that, but who wants to focus (much less proclaim!!)their flaws? HA!

    No, really- I personally don't compare myself to other people physically so I don't see my physical imperfections as "flaws". Sure I keep good care of myself because I do live in a society that can make me quite uncomfortable if I don't "measure up" and keep my imperfections to a minimum. AND life is so much better when you are in shape because you have energy and you tend to get out there and experience more things.

    If I'd consider my "flaws" they would have to be more like this:
    * I am lazy too often
    * I don't get involved in my community like I should
    * I forget to listen sometimes before I jump to conclusions sometimes

    Even these aren't really flaws because there is no perfection except for One and according to your dictionary a flaw is": a feature that mars the PERFECTION of something" So I just look at those things as things to improve on. Our points are the same, I have just already gotten to the point you are getting to. I do applaud you for bringing it up and getting everybody else to that point! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. my thighs and my freckles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking like a man in the face when i am a women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have lots of flaws and sometimes they get to me but then I see that I have friends, family,a loving boyfriend and a beautiful daughter that still love me dispite my flaws therefore I try not to let them get to me. I love reading your blogs girlie!! they are beautiful and you are so deep. never change and I love and miss you dearly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just like to say, SINCE WHEN do you have a huge muffin top Amanda? -_- Because you haven't one. At all.
    My biggest flaws: acne, freckles, ADHD, OCD, and I am... "brutally honest".
    I love your writing Amanda!!! :)
    -Ammo

    ReplyDelete