Sunday, March 20, 2011

Wake Up World, We Are the Same...

          Hello Readers, I sincerely apologize for not posting a blog in a hot minute.  I've been actually caught in my social life and busy work.  BUT, I'm back and hitting a touchy subject tonight.

          Discrimination and Racism...two of the most outrageous characteristics people withhold these days.  To be racist, or discriminate against someone due to a physical quality is freaking ridiculous! This goes back to a previous blog about stereotypes against a male or female group, you can not simply judge everyone in a group by one persons' actions. 
          Racism, fortunately, is slowly dissolving out of our society over time.  Segregation is no longer legal, but it still occurs time to time.  I'm not just talking about racism or discrimination against African Americans either. Because I know that is the first thing that comes to mind when we think of racism.  On the subject of African Americans though...I'm just going to throw this statement out there.  White people do not hate black people, and for those who jump to conclusions that we do...you are more likely more racist than you make us out to be.  I get along with white, purple, yellow, black, gays, atheists, catholics, and obese people all the same.
          My topic is a general statement against all racists.  I can not grasp the concept on how you judge someone against there skin tone, religion, size, or sexual preferences.   I found out today that it is the legal right for certain restaurants in several states, to prohibit sale against an obese person or a gay/lesbian person.  The sound of that sends my blood boiling.  How is that physically possible for someone to say no to serving a human being because of who they like to have sex with or if they have more weight than an average person?  One, it's not as if a lesbian couple is going to show any more public affection than a straight couple. Two, an obese person may not be fat due to their eating habits and if it is because of their eating habits, they're are going to spend more money anyways...why would it be a problem? 
          My second argument with racism is the big issue about interracial marriages.  For the older generation, it used to be the problem against an interracial couple having children, due to the bullying towards the child.  Well I'm seventeen years old and I still am enrolled in high school.  Not once, NOT ONCE, have I seen a student be picked on due to a white and black parent.  One of my best friends actually has a white mother and black father.  She shows NO color of black in her skin tone, but her sister shows both colors of white and black.  Neither of these girls are picked on due to the color of their parents.  Maybe that was a big thing back in the day, but the modern times are moving forward and that is no longer a problem.  Yeah, maybe I haven't witnessed it myself...but think about what you are saying if you disagree with interracial couples having kids.  Two parents of different color simply can not have a child because they are not the same skin tone? WHAT?! If you can repeat that to yourself and have that make sense...then something is wrong in the way your thought process works. Just saying.
          Third, to many...this may be a touchy subject.  BUT, If you do not agree with this blog...don't view it.  I want to discuss the issue of calling a white person a "cracker" and calling a black person a "nigger."  Standing in a white person's shoes, no I do not know what it feels like to be black.  But I do know what it is like to be white and constantly be called racist.  I am not racist in any way!  I feel as if all people are equal until they make themselves unequal.  You have the choice whether or not to be part of a good society or bad society.  But if a black person chooses to call me by a racial slur, don't think I will hesitate to reply back with a racial slur.  One is not more derogatory than the other.  The word "cracker" is just as offensive to me as it is to call a black person a "nigger."  I do not use the term unless a term is used against me.  (Now for anyone who got offended by that, by reading this blog...you are fully aware I express MY views on situations. You do not have to agree, or even read these blogs. It's your choice)

          Racism and discrimination obviously is still an occurring thing around the world, but its your personal character whether or not you choose to portray that image.  The more you realize that judging a book by its cover is wrong, the more you'll realize how amazing people can truly be.

                          Yours truly,
                         Amanda Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment